Have you seen this cache container?

It isn’t always Just about the great locations.
BackpacknJack
Host

Have you seen this cache container?

Postby BackpacknJack » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:40 pm

Ammo can at
Bville4 #3 [GC16JWT]
dlyle
Very Active Poster

Postby dlyle » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:47 pm

Not I, but it must have been a good one based on your comments! :D
A man's got to know his limitations. . .
Dirty Harry
howmuchmoore
Very Active Poster

Postby howmuchmoore » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 pm

I'm supposing that a pic would be a spoiler for the hide.

I'll have to find it on a trip through that area someday.
Obfuscation

Cache Container

Postby Obfuscation » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:42 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new here, first post in fact. I own the cache mentioned above. I've taken a couple pictures of another just like it I still have at home. I figure most of you guys live far enough away that you "might" make it here one day, so I don't mind showing pics here. probably wouldn't put them on the main Geocaching site though. My niece had one of these hidden in a fence post in Indiana. She knows "Lon" who is the guy who makes them, he lives in Michigan. Here is the website if anyone would like to order one, or more. www.greathides.com

Hope to see some of you around some time.

Doug
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:15 am

I didn't do it, but thanks for busting-out your own cache "Obfuscation". :shock:
Maybe it's just me and my love of ammo cans (I ordered some of these) but I get the feeling that Lon is going to have no life for awhile except shipping ammo cans. :wink:
PS. I go to events and bust-out my own hiding techniques all the time by setting up a table and showing new cachers (and some old) what to expect to find. Thanks for sharing this one with the group.
Obfuscation

Postby Obfuscation » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:08 am

I don't mind a bit. My son wanted to make a cache that would be next-to-impossible to find. I haven't been doing this real long, but I figured that it's all about having fun. Of course I could make something impossible, but what fun would that be? I could also make everyone come here to find that ammo can and maybe get lucky in some sort of search to find them on line, but what fun...Too late for that hunt...lol. Honestly, I don't mind sharing ideas for one minute. In fact, I have a web site I use for RC aircraft ( another hobby I love ) and I think I'll set aside some of the room there for a Geocaching site of the personal type. At any rate, have fun, be safe, and thanks for coming to the Blytheville area. I hope to get in on some of the mouse hunts soon. Happy caching everyone.

Ob
Obfuscation

Postby Obfuscation » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:13 am

Something I want to add about that can... It's made of copper with only one small piece of steel wire. I tell you this because my niece had her's in a fence post, conected to the cap of the post with hot glue. The summer sun melted the glue and allowed the can to drop in the post. They finally got it out with one of those magnet pick up extension pen looking things. They got lucky and the magnet found the only steel part of it. So, if you're going to put this somewhere that may be confining, be SURE of the attachment technique.
NwArkies

Re: Cache Container

Postby NwArkies » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:19 pm

TOO CUTE! IVE NEVER SEEN ONE LIKE THAT.
:wink:

Return to “Cache Containers”