what is a "click?"

Please refer to the Board Rules before posting here
Q
Top Rank Poster

what is a "click?"

Postby Q » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:05 pm

In those movies... they talk about clicks as a measure of distance???? What is that?
Q2
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Just slang for Kilometers. I've heard that expression used by American GI's a zillion times - well 2 1/2yrs worth anyway, while visiting the other side of the big pond. Sometimes it is also referred to as just "K's". Someone on yahoo answers told that it referred to the windage adjustments on your gun sites and I did not have the heart to correct them because the yahoo reviewer, or what ever you call them, had already selected that as the best/correct answer. If they had thought about it just a mite, saying some distant town was 2 clicks away wouldn't work well on rife sites. Huh? Now don't get me wrong, windage is called out in clicks (minutes of angle) but not as a measure of distance.
Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D
Q
Top Rank Poster

Postby Q » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:34 pm

Yeah. usually military type movies or tv like "the unit." gee, Bakjak, do you know everything?? :wink:
Q2
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:27 pm

Q wrote:Yeah. usually military type movies or tv like "the unit." gee, Bakjak, do you know everything?? :wink:

Well there are 5 things I don't know anything about.
1. English
2. Math
3. Science
4. History
5. Whatever it was you just asked me.
I know most of the other things though - - well except trivia. And maybe sports. I guess I should also mention I don't know where "Skinny-Mini" [GC10603] is either. Well come to think of it I'm soooo glad someone finally asked about "clicks" because it is the one thing I do know. :roll:

Return to “Off Topic”