Black Friday

Please refer to the Board Rules before posting here
BackpacknJack
Host

Black Friday

Postby BackpacknJack » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:29 am

Is everyone at the stores this “Black Friday”?
Get any good deals? Help any stores get into the black?
Well I’m still too stuffed to move or stand in line, my daughter makes the best ham on the entire planet, so would you pick me up a 37” LCD on the cheep? :wink:
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:55 pm

No 4 am lines for me. There is nothing I need that badly that I just have to get for $100 off. Besides next year those items will sell for that price every day.

Got to admit I felt an urge to go get one of the Garmin Nuvi's they had on sale though. A touchscreen, voice activated GPSr for the car so I don't have to use the handheld to drive by....tempting....for about ten seconds, then I got over the urge.

AK
idratherbehiking
New Poster

Postby idratherbehiking » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:21 pm

After working in retail management for 14 years in the big box stores I have no interest in going anywhere near a store this time of year ever again. I have had the job I have now for almost 2 years and it feels like a never ending vacation compared to what I did in the past and IT PAYS BETTER. No more after Thanksgiving shopping days for me EVER.
Q
Top Rank Poster

Postby Q » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:07 am

"No more after Thanksgiving shopping days for me EVER."

Scrooge! :wink: :lol:

After reading of toysrus shootings in Calif, trampled folks in NY...... tis the season???? Lord help us. Don't think that's what they had in mind.
Q2

Return to “Off Topic”