Ice Storm is on it's way.

Please refer to the Board Rules before posting here
BackpacknJack
Host

Ice Storm is on it's way.

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:31 am

***Ice Storm is on it's way.***
They are saying 3/4" of ice in Central to Northern Arkansas over the next 2 days so prepare for possible power outages.
Got batteries? Got the Ice Chest ready to place outside and save your food? Got Hot Cocoa? Got marshmallows to roast and pass the time? Got some good ghost stories to tell while sitting in the dark? Got gas for your chain saws? Got cat litter (NEW :shock: ) to place on the slick spots? Making a huge pot of stew or chili just encase?
Good :!: You ARE a "Southerner" and you WILL survive and you CAN make a good time out of a bad situation. :wink:
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Now they are predicting up to 3" (yep folks that is three inches) of ice in some parts of the State. I have seen limbs, trees and power lines come down after only 3/4" of ice. I've used small bird shot to blast the ice off and save some of my trees over the years and shot the ice off of overhanging limbs to save my power-lines. Wish I had some rock salt to reload with, that might work too.
I've heard of old farmers loading shot shells with rock salt to pepper (that was funny right??) the rear ends of watermelon thieves and dogs that were after the chickens but never did know if it was just an old man's story or not. :?:
Q
Top Rank Poster

Postby Q » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:41 am

BackpacknJack wrote:I've heard of old farmers loading shot shells with rock salt to pepper (that was funny right??) the rear ends of watermelon thieves and dogs that were after the chickens but never did know if it was just an old man's story or not. :?:

Granny Clampett's ammo of choice

and yeah, salt to pepper wuz funny :lol:
Q2

Return to “Off Topic”